25 November 2015

2015 Week 12 Picks

Happy Thanksgiving, football fans!

I'm hoping you have much to be thankful for this year. I know I do: Chef Spouse, good health, nearing the end of my third year running a successful business, friends who make me laugh and think, Lifelong Eagles Fan Mom, You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the TV Dad, my brother Dorkman, the lovely Mrs. Dorkman, and their kids, engrossing hobbies (some of which I'm actually pretty good at), a full wine fridge, the privilege of living in a hip and exciting neighborhood in Washington, DC, one of the prettiest and most interesting cities in the world, the three pies I baked this afternoon. Lots of good.

You notice I did not mention the Eagles there.

That was intentional.

You'll also notice that just about everyone is picking the Lions on Thanksgiving, despite the fact that they currently have a worse record than the Eagles.

I've pretty much given up on the Birds this year. I'm not in the "fire Chip!" camp yet, or even in the "fire Chip the GM!" camp. I get that he's focused on the fact that 10-6 isn't good enough and that he was willing to blow shit up to try to be better. And that it might take more than a few months to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Intellectually, I understand.

That doesn't make this season any more fun.

Will the Birds win another game in 2015? I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't bet the mortgage.

Lions.

In the other matchups:

Panthers at Cowboys: Panthers

Packers at Bears: Packers

Raiders at Titans: Raiders

Bills at Chiefs: Chiefs

Buccaneers at Colts: Colts (upset pick)

Giants at DC: Giants (who are probably going to win the division this year, for as much good as that will do)

Saints at Texans: Saints (also an upset pick, but they're coming off their bye and firing Rob Ryan, so I'm hopeful that they'll turn it around, at least enough to beat the Texans)

Vikings at Falcons: Falcons

Rams at Bengals: Bengals

Chargers at Jaguars: Jaguars - also worst game of the week (well, other than the Eagles game, of course)

Dolphins at Jets: Jets

Cardinals at 49ers: Cardinals

Steelers at Seahawks: Steelers

Patriots at Broncos: So want the Broncos to win, so don't think they will - Pats

Ravens at Browns: A lot of people are down on the Ravens at this point, and I get that, but the ESPN analysts are UNIVERSALLY picking the Browns, and that seems crazy to me. I'm going to be contrary and pick the Ravens as a result.


1 comment:

suzq said...

I dunno... My Brownies have benched Johnny Football in favor of the sober QB. Could make the difference.