13 November 2015

2015 Week 10 Picks, Part 2

The Birds are officially entering the second half of the season, which will see them hosting 5 of their remaining 8 games, at .500. (Not that home field seems to be much of an advantage for the Eagles these days, but I attribute that more to Chip preparing them to play in loud/hostile territory than to any lack of support from the Philly Phaithful.)

And speaking of hosting, this week, they've got the perplexing Dolphins. I say "perplexing" because they fired their head coach maybe the earliest any team has ever done that, in their early bye week, after a 1-3 start, with two of those losses being divisional games. Since then, they've beat two bad teams (the Titans and the Texans) and lost two more divisional games. I'm not sure that's progress, particularly given the fact that Joe Philbin hadn't been there very long. Looks like those big off-season contracts for Ryan Tanehill and Ndamukong Suh didn't have quite the effect the Dolphins were hoping for.

Just about everybody's picked the Eagles (although the same could be said for the Jets last night, and thanks a lot for starting me in an 0-1 hole this week, Jets), and I think the Birds should pull this one off, too, but I am worried about Jason Peters's back and Malcolm Jenkins's head and whether or not DeMeco Ryans will be good to go (because with no rookie sensation Jordan Hicks, the Birds need him). But all those situations are probably manageable, particularly since the Jenkins thing doesn't appear to be serious.

As long as the Eagles don't get caught looking ahead (to the Bucs? yeah, we're probably safe there), this should be a win, and hopefully a less "I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A STROKE" win than last week.

In the other matchups...

Damn Jets.

Lions at Packers: Packers (and man, have the Lions fallen apart this year)

Cowboys at Buccaneers: Tony Romo is the X factor here, and he's still not back. I'm taking a Bucs upset.

Panthers at Titans: 9-0, here they come! Panthers.

Bears at Rams: I'm going with the Rams on the strength of their D, because Nick Foles has  not been brilliant, but the Bears have been worse.

Saints at Washington: The Saints can still score some points, and after a promising start, the Washington defense has disappointed. Saints.

Browns at Steelers: Steelers, who just keep on rolling no matter who's on the field, which is rather extraordinary.

Jaguars at Ravens: This should be an easy pick for the Ravens, but they've been so bad this year. I think they'll probably pull off the home win, but I also think this will be the worst game of the week.

Vikings at Raider: Both of these teams are impressing this year, and I think they're pretty evenly matched, but the Vikings are shutting opposing offenses down, and I think they'll be able to do that Sunday as well. Vikings.

Patriots at Giants: The G-men are the Pats kryptonite, although Tom Brady is playing with an awfully big chip on his shoulder this year. I really want to call the upset, but I don't think I can. Pats. (watch, this will be the week I'm wrong about that)

Chiefs at Broncos: Speaking of great defense, Broncos.

Cardinals at Seahawks: Cardinals

Texans at Bengals: Speaking of 9-0, guess who else will get there? Bengals.

On bye: 49ers, Chargers, Colts, Falcons

No comments: