04 September 2014

2014 Week 1 Picks

In the first week of the season, the only thing we all know is that we know nothing, previous blog posts perhaps to the contrary.

All the speculation...the OTAs...minicamp...training camp...the preseason...nothing.

Truly, it all starts now. Anything could happen. Teams could be much better than last year - or much worse. Rookies, new free agents, new coaching staff, new schemes, injuries, team chemistry. It's all a mystery.

Other than this one fact: the Jaguars are barely a football team. No I don't mean "barely a PROFESSIONAL football team." I mean "barely a football team." As in my 9-year-old nephew Duce's Pop Warner team could probably give them trouble.

The Eagles will have NO trouble starting their season right with a home win.

In the other matchups, the rest of these picks are a total crapshoot:

Packers at Seahawks: The Seahawks rarely lose at home, and I expect that trend to continue this week. Seahawks.

Saints at Falcons: Saints. What on earth are the Falcons going to do without Tony Gonzalez?

Bengals at Ravens: Bengals. Distraction, distraction, distraction. Also, I wish the Ravens ill this year. Two words: Ray Rice.

Bills at Bears: Bears.

Washington at Texans: Texans.

Titans at Chiefs: Chiefs.

Patriots at Dolphins: Patriots. Just mark them down for 6 NFC East wins right now.

Raiders at Jets: Jets. The Raiders remain just dreadful.

Browns at Steelers: Steelers. They may be old, but at least they have the memory of how to play football to fall back on.

Vikings at Rams: I would've chosen the Rams before San Bradford went down, and I think I'm still going with them, but it's a much tougher call.

49ers at Cowboys: 49ers.

Panthers at Buccaneers: Buccaneers, surprising everyone. It's my upset pick.

Colts at Broncos: Could go either way on this one, so I think I'm taking the Broncos at home.

Giants at Lions: Same, so Lions.

Chargers at Cardinals: Chargers, who I picked to win the division, although the Cards could surprise us all.

No comments: