18 January 2009

Don't Do Me Like That

Sure, McNabb had a few errant throws. And we had drops. And the D didn't seem to realize the game had started until we were down 24-6. And even with that, we still almost pulled it off.

EXCEPT FOR THE F$%^ING OFFICIATING.

9 million offensive holds for the Cards and not one is called? SURE!

Pass interference allowed against Jason Avant on a key third down? NO PROBLEM!

And then, the capper - HOW THE HELL WAS THAT NOT PASS INTERFERENCE ON THE 4th-and-10 TO KEVIN CURTIS?

Gee, I guess it's FINE to knock down receivers ANY DAMN PLACE YOU WANT TO.

There's more I could cite, but I'm frankly WAY too pissed off now.

And to add insult to injury, I've had to listen to that tool Troy Aikman for the past three hours, which has pretty much driven me into shooting spree territory.

I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to win the AFC, but either way, I hope the AFC team DESTROYS the Cardinals. I don't mean in the "we beat you" way - I mean in the "we're out of body bags" way.

2 comments:

rocketman said...

E, I know this one hurt a lot, and I'm sorry the Eagles couldn't pull it out...and I'm sure you're busy. But until you post your usual recap, it doesn't feel like these games are in the books.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

Yeah, I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it - tried Tuesday, and I was too happy from the Inauguration to bring myself down like that. Tried last night, and just couldn't do it. I'm going to have to force myself, and soon.

Sigh.