27 November 2008

2008 Week 13 Picks

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! No matter how bad our team is doing this year, there are always many non-football-related things to be thankful for. I hope you're getting a chance to be with your loved ones today thinking about the blessings in your life. I know I am. Plus: pie!

You've heard my rant about how we're a total disaster at the moment, right? So this won't come as a surprise.

Eagles/Cardinals: Cardinals. Kurt Warner is hot-hottie-hot. Our entire team is not-nottie-not. And we tend to have trouble going west. And playing at night. And McNabb's confidence HAS to be shaken. And Reid may have lost the locker room. Come on in - I'll put on a nice pot of bourbon....

Titans/Lions: The Titans will have no trouble rebounding from their loss to the Jets. And the Lions will continue their glorious tradition of losing on Thanksgiving. Firing: one turkey.

Cowboys/Seahawks: Speaking of turkeys, the only way the Cowboys lose this game is if the team eats their bird before the game and falls asleep.

49ers/Bills: Bills. They've been inconsistent this year, but not that inconsistent.

Ravens/Bengals: Ravens. The only chance the Bengals have is another tie, and they already played us.

Colts/Browns: Colts. Don't worry Browns - you get to play us in two weeks, so there's one likely win coming up.

Dolphins/Rams: Dolphins. How much do you want to bet the Rams are trying to figure out a way to get out of playing the rest of the season and still get paid? Suggestion? Get mono. You're welcome.

Giants/Redskins: Giants. They really are looking pretty solid this year, unfortunately.

Saints/Bucs: This could go either way, but I'm keeping the faith and calling Saints.

Panthers/Packers: Another game that could go either way. I'm calling Panthers, mostly because they have a better record in what, I think, is a better division this year.

Falcons/Chargers: Another interesting matchup. I'll stick with NFC South and call Falcons.

Broncos/Jets: OK, so the Jets beat the Titans and everyone's all, "They're the best team in the AFC!" Prove it. Two QBs who drive me up a wall. Who do I root for? I-N-J-U-R-I-E-S! INJURIES! INJURIES! INJURIES! Also, probably Jets.

Steelers/Patriots: As much as I want the Steelers to win, I think it's probably going to be Patriots.

Chiefs/Raiders: Oh my God. Worst Game of the Month.

Bears/Vikings: I think the Vikings are on an upswing. Vikings.

Jaguars/Texans: The Jags have been a real disappointment this year. But they'll still manage to beat the Texans on Monday night.



1 comment:

shoegal said...

So great that the Eagles got their act together and played like Eagles on T-day instead of Turkeys. One of the things I was grateful for on Thanksgiving was that my team and my dinner were not interchangeable.