11 August 2008

Much love for Yuengling

Now that Budweiser has been sold to the Belgians, the race is on to become the Next Great American Lager. If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you know my fondness for Yuengling. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks the still-family-owned and operated brand is ready to assume its rightful place as the pinnacle of American drinkin' lagers. (Of course, it would help if you could actually get Yuengling outside the mid-Atlantic region, but one thing at a time.)


2 comments:

Shoegal said...

I'm all for Yuengling! One of my favorites.

And, for the record, I'm all against Coors - I don't want to see Coors be designated as the next Great American Lager when Adolph's politics disenfranchises so many Americans (women, gays, minorities, labor unions, you get the idea). Drink responsibly, people!

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

"Drink responsibly, people!"

By that, of course, you mean "not from eee-vil companies," not "stop at 2 beers." Because that's just wrong.