22 July 2008

As Training Camp Opens...

I find myself pondering what our chances are this year. I have a good friend who's a Giants fan, and, while he doesn't expect a repeat, he thinks the NFC East contenders are the G-men and the Cowboys. Sure, maybe he's just writing our Iggles off because, you know, everybody who's not an Iggles fan (pretty much) hates us.

But then I read John Smallwood's piece in today's Inquirer. I know Smallwood is ALWAYS the voice of doom, and because of that I tend to discount much of what he writes. Until I got to this statement:
Too many things about the makeup of this 2008 squad say this is about making one last hurrah, taking one last run at that elusive Super Bowl trophy before fully moving on to the next era.
Unfortunately, the case he goes on to make is at least somewhat convincing.

So, Eagles fans, what do you think? Is this our year to take back the NFC East? Will we go to The Show? Or should I start laying in supplies of bourbon now?


No comments: