17 January 2008

2007 Conference Championship Picks

Packers/Giants: Duh! Packers.

Patriots/Chargers: Sigh. Patriots.

I just want to point out - and Chef Spouse can back me up - that I've been calling a Pats/Packers Super Bowl since before the playoffs started. I was just wrong about some of the steps it took to get us there.

Seriously, the only way either of these teams loses this weekend is if the team bus falls through some sort of rift in the space-time continuum and they suddenly find themselves in a post-apocalyptic world of the 24th century (because I've always figured that the dystopian future projected by Blade Runner, the Matrix, etc. is far more likely than the "Everybody get together - Try to love one another" future projected by Star Trek), thus missing their respective Conference Championship games. But that's not very likely, now, is it? No, it is not.

No comments: