01 November 2007

2007 Week 9 Picks

League-wide, the quarterback situation is at DEFCON 4. Don’t believe me? You know Dolphins coach Cam Cameron has a coin out, and on one side is "Bench Cleo Lemon in favor of rookie John Beck” and on the other is "Call up Dan Marino and see if I can talk him into suiting up again.” Hey, Testaverde’s still playing…

As much as it pains me to say this, and anyone who reads any of these blogs on a regular basis is right with me, I think the Cowboys are gonna win this one. Remember how I pointed out that we haven’t managed to beat a good team yet? Yeah, that hasn’t changed in the last 4 days. Oh! And we’re playing on Sunday Night Football. Even better! I’m really looking forward to losing to the damn Cowboys on national television.

On the other hand, Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom and You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I’m-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad are coming to town this weekend to help us with The Money Pit, and they tend to bring us good luck. And we have to have a break out game at some point, right? So why not this week? Right? RIGHT? Who’s with me?

Redskins/Jets: Skins, all the way. That DEFCON 4 QB situation? Hitting the Jets, too. Kellen Clemens, people.

49ers/Falcons: 2-5 versus 1-6. Worst Game of the Week? You got it.

Cardinals/Bucs: Bucs, baby! Go Jeff! Who needs a damn running back anyway? Yeah, that’s not going to work forever. But it should work OK this week.

Packers/Chiefs: Packers. Although, as you may or may not have noticed, the Chiefs are currently leading AFC West. Of course, the Raiders were leading AFC West a few weeks ago. Just sayin’.

Bengals/Bills: How are there so many teams that are so bad so early? How come I end up asking this same question year after year? Sigh. Bills.

Chargers/Vikings: Chargers. They definitely have their mojo working again.

Broncos/Lions: I’m going with the surprise pick of the Lions. But wait! They have a much better record. Of course, it’s in the NFC North. Still, I stand by my choice.

Panthers/Titans: Titans. Although David Carr may be back. Or maybe not. And Vince Young will probably be playing. Or maybe not. Dude, I need some sort of a chart here. Possibly with different colored markers.

Jags/Saints: I’d really like to see the Saints win this one. I’d also really like to see us beat the Cowboys. And I’d like a million dollars. I don’t think I’m getting any of those things, though. Jags.

Seahawks/Browns: Oh wait! Maybe THIS is the Worst Game of the Week.

Texans/Raiders: No, no, THIS is the Worst Game of the Week. Can there be 3 Worst Games of the Week? Well, whether or not there can be, there certainly are this week.

Steelers/Ravens: Grudge match! Not that the Ravens have a prayer. Steelers Transplant will be Steelers Homecoming King for this game, and will be enjoying the Steelers win from beautiful Heinz Field.

And the only game anyone’s actually talking about…

Pats/Colts: I already called this one for the Colts. Why? Tougher division, defending Super Bowl champs, the Pats are evil, and karma should bite you in the ass at some point, right?


No comments: