25 November 2006

2006 Week 12 Picks

Thanksgiving is all about getting together with family, eating some good food, tryptophan-induced napping, arguments, Uncle Clarence drinking too much beer, and, most of all, football. So I had the fam (Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom, You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad, and Chef Spouse) weigh in with their picks for week 12.

Game: Eagles/Colts
LLEF Mom, Y-T Dad, and me: Eagles
Chef Spouse: Colts
Commentary: We're all a bunch of freakin' homers, other than Chef Spouse, who was at least trying to be objective.

Game: Bears/Pats
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse: Pats
Y-T Dad, me: Bears
Commentary: 50/50 split. Either way, this will be the game of the day.

Game: Cardinals/Vikings
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse, me: Vikings
Y-T Dad: Cards
Commentary: I think You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad just likes Leinart. Or feels bad for him.

Game: Panthers/Redskins
Y-T Dad, Chef Spouse, me: Panthers
LLEF Mom: Skins
Commenary: What can I say? Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom just loves Old Joe.

Game: Bengals/Browns
LLEF Mom, Y-T Dad, Chef Spouse: Bengals
me: Browns
Commentary: Call me crazy, but the Browns have come on stronger recently. I could see them handing the Bengals a big upset.

Game: Texans/Jets
LLEF Mom, Y-T Dad: Texans
Chef Spouse, me: Jets
Commentary: Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom and You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad spent a year in Houston and are therefore not objective.

Game: Jaguars/Bills
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse, me: Jags
Y-T Dad: Bills
Commentary: I have no explanation. Other than that the Jags are totally schizo, so anything's possible.

Game: Saints/Falcons
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse, me: Saints
Y-T Dad: Falcons
Commentary: Boo, You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad! Also, Mike Vick's been stinking it up again recently. And Drew Brees can apparently throw for, like, 2000 yards a game if necessary.

Game: Steelers/Ravens
LLEF Mom, me: Steelers
Y-T Dad, Chef Spouse: Ravens
Commentary: OK, Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom and I are total Pennsylvania homers. So sue us! But I think the Steelers are getting back their winning form, and not a moment too soon. Have you seen the look in Willie Parker's eye recently? Steelers are winning if he has to do it alone.

Game: 49ers/Rams
LLEF Mom, Y-T Dad, me: 49ers
Chef Spouse: Rams
Commentary: Lamont, this pick's for you!

Game: Chargers/Raiders
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse, me: Chargers
Y-T Dad: Raiders
Commentary: I think You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad just likes their bad-boy image.

Game: Giants/Titans
LLEF Mom, Y-T Dad, Chef Spouse: Giants
me: Titans
Commentary: I do have a reason for this pick other than "The Titans beat us." Vince Young is looking better each week and the Giants are SERIOUSLY banged up. Welcome to leading the division, ****.

Game: Packers/Seahawks
LLEF Mom, Chef Spouse, me: Seahawks
Y-T Dad: Packers
Commentary: Matt Hasselbeck returns and Vicodin Boy is playing hurt, because Aaron Rogers is o-u-t OUT. No contest.

You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad picked a lot of dark horses. It will be interesting to see how he does.


No comments: